- For the Chief Musician;
on stringed instruments.
A Psalm of Asaph, a song.
- In Judah is God known: His name is great in Israel.
- In Salem also is his tabernacle, And his dwelling-place in Zion.
- There he brake the arrows of the bow;
The shield, and the sword, and the battle.
- Glorious art thou [and] excellent, From the mountains of prey.
- The stouthearted are made a spoil, They have slept their sleep;
And none of the men of might have found their hands.
- At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, Both chariot and horse are cast into a deep sleep.
- Thou, even thou, art to be feared;
And who may stand in thy sight when once thou art angry?
- Thou didst cause sentence to be heard from heaven;
The earth feared, and was still,
- When God arose to judgment, To save all the meek of the earth.
- Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: The residue of wrath shalt thou gird upon thee.
- Vow, and pay unto Jehovah your God: Let all that are round about him bring presents unto him that ought to be feared.
- He will cut off the spirit of princes: He is terrible to the kings of the earth.