- For the Chief Musician;
set to the Gittith.
A Psalm of David.
- O Jehovah, our Lord, How excellent is thy name in all the earth, Who hast set thy glory upon the heavens!
- Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou established strength, Because of thine adversaries, That thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
- When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, The moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
- What is man, that thou art mindful of him?
And the son of man, that thou visitest him?
- For thou hast made him but little lower than God, And crownest him with glory and honor.
- Thou makest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands;
Thou hast put all things under his feet:
- All sheep and oxen, Yea, and the beasts of the field,
- The birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, Whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
- O Jehovah, our Lord, How excellent is thy name in all the earth!