- For the Chief Musician;
set to the Gittith.
[A Psalm] of Asaph.
- Sing aloud unto God our strength: Make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob.
- Raise a song, and bring hither the timbrel, The pleasant harp with the psaltery.
- Blow the trumpet at the new moon, At the full moon, on our feast-day.
- For it is a statute for Israel, An ordinance of the God of Jacob.
- He appointed it in Joseph for a testimony, When he went out over the land of Egypt, [Where] I heard a language that I knew not.
- I removed his shoulder from the burden: His hands were freed from the basket.
- Thou calledst in trouble, and I delivered thee;
I answered thee in the secret place of thunder;
I proved thee at the waters of Meribah.
- Hear, O my people, and I will testify unto thee: O Israel, if thou wouldest hearken unto me!
- There shall no strange god be in thee;
Neither shalt thou worship any foreign god.
- I am Jehovah thy God, Who brought thee up out of the land of Egypt: Open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
- But my people hearkened not to my voice;
And Israel would none of me.
- So I let them go after the stubbornness of their heart, That they might walk in their own counsels.
- Oh that my people would hearken unto me, That Israel would walk in my ways!
- I would soon subdue their enemies, And turn my hand against their adversaries.
- The haters of Jehovah should submit themselves unto him: But their time should endure for ever.
- He would feed them also with the finest of the wheat;
And with honey out of the rock would I satisfy thee.