- A song.
A Psalm of Asaph.
- O God, keep not thou silence: Hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.
- For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult;
And they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
- Thy take crafty counsel against thy people, And consult together against thy hidden ones.
- They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation;
That the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
- For they have consulted together with one consent;
Against thee do they make a covenant:
- The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites;
Moab, and the Hagarenes;
- Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek;
Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre:
- Assyria also is joined with them;
They have helped the children of Lot.
- Do thou unto them as unto Midian, As to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the river Kishon;
- Who perished at Endor, Who became as dung for the earth.
- Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb;
Yea, all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna;
- Who said, Let us take to ourselves in possession The habitations of God.
- O my God, make them like the whirling dust;
As stubble before the wind.
- As the fire that burneth the forest, And as the flame that setteth the mountains on fire,
- So pursue them with thy tempest, And terrify them with thy storm.
- Fill their faces with confusion, That they may seek thy name, O Jehovah.
- Let them be put to shame and dismayed for ever;
Yea, let them be confounded and perish;
- That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, Art the Most High over all the earth.