- For the Chief Musician;
set to the Gittith.
A Psalm of the sons of Korah.
- How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Jehovah of hosts!
- My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of Jehovah;
My heart and my flesh cry out unto the living God.
- Yea, the sparrow hath found her a house, And the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, Even thine altars, O Jehovah of hosts, My King, and my God.
- Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: They will be still praising thee.
- Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee;
In whose heart are the highways [to Zion].
- Passing through the valley of Weeping they make it a place of springs;
Yea, the early rain covereth it with blessings.
- They go from strength to strength;
Every one of them appeareth before God in Zion.
- O Jehovah God of hosts, hear my prayer;
Give ear, O God of Jacob.
- Behold, O God our shield, And look upon the face of thine anointed.
- For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand.
I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, Than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
- For Jehovah God is a sun and a shield: Jehovah will give grace and glory;
No good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
- O Jehovah of hosts, Blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.