- For the Chief Musician.
A Psalm of the sons of Korah.
- Jehovah, thou hast been favorable unto thy land;
Thou hast brought back the captivity of Jacob.
- Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people;
Thou hast covered all their sin.
- Thou hast taken away all thy wrath;
Thou hast turned [thyself] from the fierceness of thine anger.
- Turn us, O God of our salvation, And cause thine indignation toward us to cease.
- Wilt thou be angry with us for ever?
Wilt thou draw out thine anger to all generations?
- Wilt thou not quicken us again, That thy people may rejoice in thee?
- Show us thy lovingkindness, O Jehovah, And grant us thy salvation.
- I will hear what God Jehovah will speak;
For he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: But let them not turn again to folly.
- Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him, That glory may dwell in our land.
- Mercy and truth are met together;
Righteousness and peace have kissed each other.
- Truth springeth out of the earth;
And righteousness hath looked down from heaven.
- Yea, Jehovah will give that which is good;
And our land shall yield its increase.
- Righteousness shall go before him, And shall make his footsteps a way [to walk in].