- A Prayer of David
- Bow down thine ear, O Jehovah, and answer me;
For I am poor and needy.
- Preserve my soul;
for I am godly: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee.
- Be merciful unto me, O Lord;
For unto thee do I cry all the day long.
- Rejoice the soul of thy servant;
For unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
- For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in lovingkindness unto all them that call upon thee.
- Give ear, O Jehovah, unto my prayer;
And hearken unto the voice of my supplications.
- In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee;
For thou wilt answer me.
- There is none like unto thee among the gods, O Lord;
Neither [are there any works] like unto thy works.
- All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord;
And they shall glorify thy name.
- For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: Thou art God alone.
- Teach me thy way, O Jehovah;
I will walk in thy truth: Unite my heart to fear thy name.
- I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with my whole heart;
And I will glorify thy name for evermore.
- For great is thy lovingkindness toward me;
And thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest Sheol.
- O God, the proud are risen up against me, And a company of violent men have sought after my soul, And have not set thee before them.
- But thou, O Lord, art a God merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abundant in lovingkindness and truth.
- Oh turn unto me, and have mercy upon me;
Give thy strength unto thy servant, And save the son of thy handmaid.
- Show me a token for good, That they who hate me may see it, and be put to shame, Because thou, Jehovah, hast helped me, and comforted me.