- A Song, a Psalm of the sons of Korah;
for the Chief Musician;
set to Mahalath Leannoth.
Maschil of Heman the Ezrahite.
- O Jehovah, the God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee.
- Let my prayer enter into thy presence;
Incline thine ear unto my cry.
- For my soul is full of troubles, And my life draweth nigh unto Sheol.
- I am reckoned with them that go down into the pit;
I am as a man that hath no help,
- Cast off among the dead, Like the slain that lie in the grave, Whom thou rememberest no more, And they are cut off from thy hand.
- Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, In dark places, in the deeps.
- Thy wrath lieth hard upon me, And thou hast afflicted me with all thy waves.
- Thou hast put mine acquaintance far from me;
Thou hast made me an abomination unto them: I am shut up, and I cannot come forth.
- Mine eye wasteth away by reason of affliction: I have called daily upon thee, O Jehovah;
I have spread forth my hands unto thee.
- Wilt thou show wonders to the dead?
Shall they that are decreased arise and praise thee?
- Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave?
Or thy faithfulness in Destruction?
- Shall thy wonders be known in the dark?
And thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
- But unto thee, O Jehovah, have I cried;
And in the morning shall my prayer come before thee.
- Jehovah, why castest thou off my soul?
Why hidest thou thy face from me?
- I am afflicted and ready to die from my youth up: While I suffer thy terrors I am distracted.
- Thy fierce wrath is gone over me;
Thy terrors have cut me off.
- They came round about me like water all the day long;
They compassed me about together.
- Lover and friend hast thou put far from me, And mine acquaintance into darkness.