- For the Chief Musician;
set to Muthlabben.
A Psalm of David.
- I will give thanks unto Jehovah with my whole heart;
I will show forth all thy marvellous works.
- I will be glad and exult in thee;
I will sing praise to thy name, O thou Most High.
- When mine enemies turn back, They stumble and perish at thy presence.
- For thou hast maintained my right and my cause;
Thou sittest in the throne judging righteously.
- Thou hast rebuked the nations, thou hast destroyed the wicked;
Thou hast blotted out their name for ever and ever.
- The enemy are come to an end, they are desolate for ever;
And the cities which thou hast overthrown, The very remembrance of them is perished.
- But Jehovah sitteth [as king] for ever: He hath prepared his throne for judgment;
- And he will judge the world in righteousness, He will minister judgment to the peoples in uprightness.
- Jehovah also will be a high tower for the oppressed, A high tower in times of trouble;
- And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee;
For thou, Jehovah, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
- Sing praises to Jehovah, who dwelleth in Zion: Declare among the people his doings.
- For he that maketh inquisition for blood remembereth them;
He forgetteth not the cry of the poor.
- Have mercy upon me, O Jehovah;
Behold my affliction [which I suffer] of them that hate me, Thou that liftest me up from the gates of death;
- That I may show forth all thy praise.
In the gates of the daughter of Zion I will rejoice in thy salvation.
- The nations are sunk down in the pit that they made: In the net which they hid is their own foot taken.
- Jehovah hath made himself known, he hath executed judgment: The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands.
- The wicked shall be turned back unto Sheol, Even all the nations that forget God.
- For the needy shall not alway be forgotten, Nor the expectation of the poor perish for ever.
- Arise, O Jehovah;
let not man prevail: Let the nations be judged in thy sight.
- Put them in fear, O Jehovah: Let the nations know themselves to be but men.