- He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say of Jehovah, He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in whom I trust.
- For he will deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, And from the deadly pestilence.
- He will cover thee with his pinions, And under his wings shalt thou take refuge: His truth is a shield and a buckler.
- Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night, Nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
- For the pestilence that walketh in darkness, Nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
- A thousand shall fall at thy side, And ten thousand at thy right hand;
[But] it shall not come nigh thee.
- Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold, And see the reward of the wicked.
- For thou, O Jehovah, art my refuge!
Thou hast made the Most High thy habitation;
- There shall no evil befall thee, Neither shall any plague come nigh thy tent.
- For he will give his angels charge over thee, To keep thee in all thy ways.
- They shall bear thee up in their hands, Lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
- Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: The young lion and the serpent shalt thou trample under foot.
- Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
- He shall call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble: I will deliver him, and honor him.
- With long life will I satisfy him, And show him my salvation.