- A Psalm, a Song for the sabbath day.
- It is a good thing to give thanks unto Jehovah, And to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High;
- To show forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, And thy faithfulness every night,
- With an instrument of ten strings, and with the psaltery;
With a solemn sound upon the harp.
- For thou, Jehovah, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.
- How great are thy works, O Jehovah!
Thy thoughts are very deep.
- A brutish man knoweth not;
Neither doth a fool understand this:
- When the wicked spring as the grass, And when all the workers of iniquity do flourish;
It is that they shall be destroyed for ever.
- But thou, O Jehovah, art on high for evermore.
- For, lo, thine enemies, O Jehovah, For, lo, thine enemies shall perish;
All the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.
- But my horn hast thou exalted like [the horn of] the wild-ox: I am anointed with fresh oil.
- Mine eye also hath seen [my desire] on mine enemies, Mine ears have heard [my desire] of the evil-doers that rise up against me.
- The righteous shall flourish like the palm-tree: He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
- They are planted in the house of Jehovah;
They shall flourish in the courts of our God.
- They shall still bring forth fruit in old age;
They shall be full of sap and green:
- To show that Jehovah is upright;
He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.