- O Jehovah, thou God to whom vengeance belongeth, Thou God to whom vengeance belongeth, shine forth.
- Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: Render to the proud [their] desert.
- Jehovah, how long shall the wicked, How long shall the wicked triumph?
- They prate, they speak arrogantly: All the workers of iniquity boast themselves.
- They break in pieces thy people, O Jehovah, And afflict thy heritage.
- They slay the widow and the sojourner, And murder the fatherless.
- And they say, Jehovah will not see, Neither will the God of Jacob consider.
- Consider, ye brutish among the people;
And ye fools, when will ye be wise?
- He that planted the ear, shall he not hear?
He that formed the eye, shall he not see?
- He that chastiseth the nations, shall not he correct, [Even] he that teacheth man knowledge?
- Jehovah knoweth the thoughts of man, That they are vanity.
- Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Jehovah, And teachest out of thy law;
- That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, Until the pit be digged for the wicked.
- For Jehovah will not cast off his people, Neither will he forsake his inheritance.
- For judgment shall return unto righteousness;
And all the upright in heart shall follow it.
- Who will rise up for me against the evil-doers?
Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
- Unless Jehovah had been my help, My soul had soon dwelt in silence.
- When I said, My foot slippeth;
Thy lovingkindness, O Jehovah, held me up.
- In the multitude of my thoughts within me Thy comforts delight my soul.
- Shall the throne of wickedness have fellowship with thee, Which frameth mischief by statute?
- They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, And condemn the innocent blood.
- But Jehovah hath been my high tower, And my God the rock of my refuge.
- And he hath brought upon them their own iniquity, And will cut them off in their own wickedness;
Jehovah our God will cut them off.