- And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and one said, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
- And the court which is without the temple leave without, and measure it not;
for it hath been given unto the nations: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
- And I will give unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
- These are the two olive trees and the two candlesticks, standing before the Lord of the earth.
- And if any man desireth to hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth and devoureth their enemies;
and if any man shall desire to hurt them, in this manner must he be killed.
- These have the power to shut the heaven, that it rain not during the days of their prophecy: and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to smite the earth with every plague, as often as they shall desire.
- And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that cometh up out of the abyss shall make war with them, and overcome them, and kill them.
- And their dead bodies [lie] in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.
- And from among the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations do [men] look upon their dead bodies three days and a half, and suffer not their dead bodies to be laid in a tomb.
- And they that dwell on the earth rejoice over them, and make merry;
and they shall send gifts one to another;
because these two prophets tormented them that dwell on the earth.
- And after the three days and a half the breath of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet;
and great fear fell upon them that beheld them.
- And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither.
And they went up into heaven in the cloud;
and their enemies beheld them.
- And in that hour there was a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell;
and there were killed in the earthquake seven thousand persons: and the rest were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
- The second Woe is past: behold, the third Woe cometh quickly.
- And the seventh angel sounded;
and there followed great voices in heaven, and they said, The kingdom of the world is become [the kingdom] of our Lord, and of his Christ: and he shall reign for ever and ever.
- And the four and twenty elders, who sit before God on their thrones, fell upon their faces and worshipped God,
- saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God, the Almighty, who art and who wast;
because thou hast taken thy great power, and didst reign.
- And the nations were wroth, and thy wrath came, and the time of the dead to be judged, and [the time] to give their reward to thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and to them that fear thy name, the small and the great;
and to destroy them that destroy the earth.
- And there was opened the temple of God that is in heaven;
and there was seen in his temple the ark of his covenant;
and there followed lightnings, and voices, and thunders, and an earthquake, and great hail.