- I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, [which is] your spiritual service.
- And be not fashioned according to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, and ye may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
- For I say, through the grace that was given me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think;
but to think as to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to each man a measure of faith.
- For even as we have many members in one body, and all the members have not the same office:
- so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and severally members one of another.
- And having gifts differing according to the grace that was given to us, whether prophecy, [let us prophesy] according to the proportion of our faith;
- or ministry, [let us give ourselves] to our ministry;
or he that teacheth, to his teaching;
- or he that exhorteth, to his exhorting: he that giveth, [let him do it] with liberality;
he that ruleth, with diligence;
he that showeth mercy, with cheerfulness.
- Let love be without hypocrisy.
Abhor that which is evil;
cleave to that which is good.
- In love of the brethren be tenderly affectioned one to another;
in honor preferring one another;
- in diligence not slothful;
fervent in spirit;
serving the Lord;
- rejoicing in hope;
patient in tribulation;
continuing stedfastly in prayer;
- communicating to the necessities of the saints;
given to hospitality.
- Bless them that persecute you;
bless, and curse not.
- Rejoice with them that rejoice;
weep with them that weep.
- Be of the same mind one toward another.
Set not your mind on high things, but condescend to things that are lowly.
Be not wise in your own conceits.
- Render to no man evil for evil.
Take thought for things honorable in the sight of all men.
- If it be possible, as much as in you lieth, be at peace with all men.
- Avenge not yourselves, beloved, but give place unto the wrath [of God]: for it is written, Vengeance belongeth unto me;
I will recompense, saith the Lord.
- But if thine enemy hunger, feed him;
if he thirst, give him to drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head.
- Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.