- Behold, thou art fair, my love;
behold, thou art fair;
Thine eyes are [as] doves behind thy veil.
Thy hair is as a flock of goats, That lie along the side of mount Gilead.
- Thy teeth are like a flock [of ewes] that are [newly] shorn, Which are come up from the washing, Whereof every one hath twins, And none is bereaved among them.
- Thy lips are like a thread of scarlet, And thy mouth is comely.
Thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate Behind thy veil.
- Thy neck is like the tower of David builded for an armory, Whereon there hang a thousand bucklers, All the shields of the mighty men.
- Thy two breasts are like two fawns That are twins of a roe, Which feed among the lilies.
- Until the day be cool, and the shadows flee away, I will get me to the mountain of myrrh, And to the hill of frankincense.
- Thou art all fair, my love;
And there is no spot in thee.
- Come with me from Lebanon, [my] bride, With me from Lebanon: Look from the top of Amana, From the top of Senir and Hermon, From the lions’ dens, From the mountains of the leopards.
- Thou hast ravished my heart, my sister, [my] bride;
Thou hast ravished my heart with one of thine eyes, With one chain of thy neck.
- How fair is thy love, my sister, [my] bride!
How much better is thy love than wine!
And the fragrance of thine oils than all manner of spices!
- Thy lips, O [my] bride, drop [as] the honeycomb: Honey and milk are under thy tongue;
And the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon.
- A garden shut up is my sister, [my] bride;
A spring shut up, a fountain sealed.
- Thy shoots are an orchard of pomegranates, with precious fruits;
Henna with spikenard plants,
- Spikenard and saffron, Calamus and cinnamon, with all trees of frankincense;
Myrrh and aloes, with all the chief spices.
- [Thou art] a fountain of gardens, A well of living waters, And flowing streams from Lebanon.
- Awake, O north wind;
and come, thou south;
Blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out.
Let my beloved come into his garden, And eat his precious fruits.