- Ask ye of Jehovah rain in the time of the latter rain, [even of] Jehovah that maketh lightnings;
and he will give them showers of rain, to every one grass in the field.
- For the teraphim have spoken vanity, and the diviners have seen a lie;
and they have told false dreams, they comfort in vain: therefore they go their way like sheep, they are afflicted, because there is no shepherd.
- Mine anger is kindled against the shepherds, and I will punish the he-goats;
for Jehovah of hosts hath visited his flock, the house of Judah, and will make them as his goodly horse in the battle.
- From him shall come forth the corner-stone, from him the nail, from him the battle bow, from him every ruler together.
- And they shall be as mighty men, treading down [their enemies] in the mire of the streets in the battle;
and they shall fight, because Jehovah is with them;
and the riders on horses shall be confounded.
- And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them back;
for I have mercy upon them;
and they shall be as though I had not cast them off: for I am Jehovah their God, and I will hear them.
- And [they of] Ephraim shall be like a mighty man, and their heart shall rejoice as through wine;
yea, their children shall see it, and rejoice;
their heart shall be glad in Jehovah.
- I will hiss for them, and gather them;
for I have redeemed them;
and they shall increase as they have increased.
- And I will sow them among the peoples;
and they shall remember me in far countries;
and they shall live with their children, and shall return.
- I will bring them again also out of the land of Egypt, and gather them out of Assyria;
and I will bring them into the land of Gilead and Lebanon;
and [place] shall not be found for them.
- And he will pass through the sea of affliction, and will smite the waves in the sea, and all the depths of the Nile shall dry up;
and the pride of Assyria shall be brought down, and the sceptre of Egypt shall depart.
- And I will strengthen them in Jehovah;
and they shall walk up and down in his name, saith Jehovah.