- The burden of the word of Jehovah concerning Israel.
[Thus] saith Jehovah, who stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him:
- behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of reeling unto all the peoples round about, and upon Judah also shall it be in the siege against Jerusalem.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all the peoples;
all that burden themselves with it shall be sore wounded;
and all the nations of the earth shall be gathered together against it.
- In that day, saith Jehovah, I will smite every horse with terror, and his rider with madness;
and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the peoples with blindness.
- And the chieftains of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem are my strength in Jehovah of hosts their God.
- In that day will I make the chieftains of Judah like a pan of fire among wood, and like a flaming torch among sheaves;
and they shall devour all the peoples round about, on the right hand and on the left;
and [they of] Jerusalem shall yet again dwell in their own place, even in Jerusalem.
- Jehovah also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem be not magnified above Judah.
- In that day shall Jehovah defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem: and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David;
and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of Jehovah before them.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
- And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplication;
and they shall look unto me whom they have pierced;
and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first-born.
- In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
- And the land shall mourn, every family apart;
the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart;
the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
- the family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart;
the family of the Shimeites apart, and their wives apart;
- all the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.