- And I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, a man with a measuring line in his hand.
- Then said I, Whither goest thou?
And he said unto me, To measure Jerusalem, to see what is the breadth thereof, and what is the length thereof.
- And, behold, the angel that talked with me went forth, and another angel went out to meet him,
- and said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as villages without walls, by reason of the multitude of men and cattle therein.
- For I, saith Jehovah, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and I will be the glory in the midst of her.
- Ho, ho, flee from the land of the north, saith Jehovah;
for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heavens, saith Jehovah.
- Ho Zion, escape, thou that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.
- For thus saith Jehovah of hosts: After glory hath he sent me unto the nations which plundered you;
for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.
- For, behold, I will shake my hand over them, and they shall be a spoil to those that served them;
and ye shall know that Jehovah of hosts hath sent me.
- Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion;
for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith Jehovah.
- And many nations shall join themselves to Jehovah in that day, and shall be my people;
and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that Jehovah of hosts has sent me unto thee.
- And Jehovah shall inherit Judah as his portion in the holy land, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.
- Be silent, all flesh, before Jehovah;
for he is waked up out of his holy habitation.