- And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of Jehovah, and Satan standing at his right hand to be his adversary.
- And Jehovah said unto Satan, Jehovah rebuke thee, O Satan;
yea, Jehovah that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
- Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and was standing before the angel.
- And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take the filthy garments from off him.
And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with rich apparel.
- And I said, Let them set a clean mitre upon his head.
So they set a clean mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments;
and the angel of Jehovah was standing by.
- And the angel of Jehovah protested unto Joshua, saying,
- Thus saith Jehovah of hosts: If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou also shalt judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee a place of access among these that stand by.
- Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou and thy fellows that sit before thee;
for they are men that are a sign: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the Branch.
- For, behold, the stone that I have set before Joshua;
upon one stone are seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith Jehovah of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
- In that day, saith Jehovah of hosts, shall ye invite every man his neighbor under the vine and under the fig-tree.