- And again I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains;
and the mountains were mountains of brass.
- In the first chariot were red horses;
and in the second chariot black horses;
- and in the third chariot white horses;
and in the fourth chariot grizzled strong horses.
- Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What are these, my lord?
- And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four winds of heaven, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth.
- [The chariot] wherein are the black horses goeth forth toward the north country;
and the white went forth after them;
and the grizzled went forth toward the south country.
- And the strong went forth, and sought to go that they might walk to and fro through the earth: and he said, Get you hence, walk to and fro through the earth.
So they walked to and fro through the earth.
- Then cried he to me, and spake unto me, saying, Behold, they that go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country.
- And the word of Jehovah came unto me, saying,
- Take of them of the captivity, even of Heldai, of Tobijah, and of Jedaiah;
and come thou the same day, and go into the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah, whither they are come from Babylon;
- yea, take [of them] silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them upon the head of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest;
- and speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh Jehovah of hosts, saying, Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: and he shall grow up out of his place;
and he shall build the temple of Jehovah;
- even he shall build the temple of Jehovah;
and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne;
and he shall be a priest upon his throne;
and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.
- And the crowns shall be to Helem, and to Tobijah, and to Jedaiah, and to Hen the son of Zephaniah, for a memorial in the temple of Jehovah.
- And they that are far off shall come and build in the temple of Jehovah;
and ye shall know that Jehovah of hosts hath sent me unto you.
And [this] shall come to pass, if ye will diligently obey the voice of Jehovah your God.