- The burden of the word of Jehovah upon the land of Hadrach, and Damascus [shall be] its resting-place (for the eye of man and of all the tribes of Israel is toward Jehovah);
- and Hamath, also, which bordereth thereon;
Tyre and Sidon, because they are very wise.
- And Tyre did build herself a stronghold, and heaped up silver as the dust, and fine gold as the mire of the streets.
- Behold, the Lord will dispossess her, and he will smite her power in the sea;
and she shall be devoured with fire.
- Ashkelon shall see it, and fear;
Gaza also, and shall be sore pained;
and Ekron, for her expectation shall be put to shame;
and the king shall perish from Gaza, and Ashkelon shall not be inhabited.
- And a bastard shall dwell in Ashdod, and I will cut off the pride of the Philistines.
- And I will take away his blood out of his mouth, and his abominations from between his teeth;
and he also shall be a remnant for our God;
and he shall be as a chieftain in Judah, and Ekron as a Jebusite.
- And I will encamp about my house against the army, that none pass through or return;
and no oppressor shall pass through them any more: for now have I seen with mine eyes.
- Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion;
shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy king cometh unto thee;
he is just, and having salvation;
lowly, and riding upon an ass, even upon a colt the foal of an ass.
- And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem;
and the battle bow shall be cut off;
and he shall speak peace unto the nations: and his dominion shall be from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth.
- As for thee also, because of the blood of thy covenant I have set free thy prisoners from the pit wherein is no water.
- Turn you to the stronghold, ye prisoners of hope: even to-day do I declare that I will render double unto thee.
- For I have bent Judah for me, I have filled the bow with Ephraim;
and I will stir up thy sons, O Zion, against thy sons, O Greece, and will make thee as the sword of a mighty man.
- And Jehovah shall be seen over them;
and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning;
and the Lord Jehovah will blow the trumpet, and will go with whirlwinds of the south.
- Jehovah of hosts will defend them;
and they shall devour, and shall tread down the sling-stones;
and they shall drink, and make a noise as through wine;
and they shall be filled like bowls, like the corners of the altar.
- And Jehovah their God will save them in that day as the flock of his people;
for [they shall be as] the stones of a crown, lifted on high over his land.
- For how great is his goodness, and how great is his beauty!
grain shall make the young men flourish, and new wine the virgins.