- Adam, Seth, Enosh;
- Kenan, Mahalalel, Jared,
- Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech;
- Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- The sons of Japheth: Gomer and Magog and Madai and Javan and Tubal and Meshech and Tiras.
- And the sons of Gomer: Ashkenaz and Diphath and Togarmah.
- And the sons of Javan: Elishah and Tarshish, Kittim and Rodanim.
- The sons of Ham: Cush and Egypt, Put and Canaan.
- And the sons of Cush: Seba and Havilah and Sabta and Raama and Sabteca.
And the sons of Raamah: Sheba and Dedan.
- And Cush was the father of Nimrod: he was the first to be a great man in the earth.
- And Egypt was the father of the Ludim and the Anamim and the Lehabim and the Naphtuhim
- And the Pathrusim and the Casluhim and the Caphtorim (from whom came the Philistines).
- And Canaan was the father of Zidon, his oldest son, and Heth,
- And the Jebusite and the Amorite and the Girgashite,
- And the Hivite and the Arkite and the Sinite,
- And the Arvadite and the Zemarite and the Hamathite.
- The sons of Shem: Elam and Asshur and Arpachshad and Lud and Aram and Uz and Hul and Gether and Meshech.
- And Arpachshad was the father of Shelah, and Shelah was the father of Eber.
- And Eber had two sons: the name of the one was Peleg, because in his days a division was made of the earth;
and his brother's name was Joktan.
- And Joktan was the father of Almodad and Sheleph and Hazarmaveth and Jerah
- And Hadoram and Uzal and Diklah
- And Ebal and Abimael and Sheba
- And Ophir and Havilah and Jobab.
All these were the sons of Joktan.
- Shem, Arpachshad, Shelah,
- Eber, Peleg, Reu,
- Serug, Nahor, Terah,
- Abram (that is Abraham).
- The sons of Abraham: Isaac and Ishmael.
- These are their generations: the oldest son of Ishmael, Nebaioth;
then Kedar and Adbeel and Mibsam,
- Mishma and Dumah, Massa, Hadad and Tema,
- Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah.
These are the sons of Ishmael.
- And the sons of Keturah, Abraham's servant-wife: she was the mother of Zimran and Jokshan and Medan and Midian and Ishbak and Shuah.
And the sons of Jokshan: Sheba and Dedan.
- And the sons of Midian: Ephah and Epher and Hanoch and Abida and Eldaah.
All these were the sons of Keturah.
- And Abraham was the father of Isaac.
The sons of Isaac: Esau and Israel.
- The sons of Esau: Eliphaz, Reuel and Jeush and Jalam and Korah.
- The sons of Eliphaz: Teman and Omar, Zephi and Gatam, Kenaz and Timna and Amalek.
- The sons of Reuel: Nahath, Zerah, Shammah and Mizzah.
- And the sons of Seir: Lotan and Shobal and Zibeon and Anah and Dishon and Ezer and Dishan.
- And the sons of Lotan: Hori and Homam;
and Timna was Lotan's sister.
- The sons of Shobal: Alian and Manahath and Ebal, Shephi and Onam.
And the sons of Zibeon: Aiah and Anah.
- The sons of Anah: Dishon.
And the sons of Dishon: Hamran and Eshban and Ithran and Cheran.
- The sons of Ezer: Bilhan and Zaavan, Jaakan.
The sons of Dishan: Uz and Aran.
- Now these are the kings who were ruling in the land of Edom, before there was any king over Israel: Bela, the son of Beor;
his town was named Dinhabah.
- At his death, Jobab, the son of Zerah of Bozrah, became king in his place.
- At the death of Jobab, Husham, from the land of the Temanites, became king in his place.
- And at the death of Husham, Hadad, the son of Bedad, who overcame Midian in the field of Moab, became king;
his town was named Avith.
- And at the death of Hadad, Samlah of Masrekah became king in his place.
- And at the death of Samlah, Shaul of Rehoboth by the river became king in his place,
- And at the death of Shaul, Baal-hanan, the son of Achbor, became king in his place.
- And at the death of Baal-hanan, Hadad became king in his place;
his town was named Pai, and his wife's name was Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred, the daughter of Me-zahab.
- And Hadad came to his end.
Now the chiefs of Edom were: the chief of Timna, the chief of Aliah, the chief of Jetheth,
- The chief of Oholibamah, the chief of Elah, the chief of Pinon,
- The chief of Kenaz, the chief of Teman, the chief of Mibzar,
- The chief of Magdiel, the chief of Iram.
These are the chiefs of Edom.