- These are the sons of Israel: Reuben, Simeon, Levi and Judah, Issachar and Zebulun;
- Dan, Joseph and Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad and Asher.
- The sons of Judah: Er and Onan and Shelah;
these three were his sons by Bathshua, the Canaanite woman.
And Er, Judah's oldest son, did evil in the eyes of the Lord;
and he put him to death.
- And Tamar, his daughter-in-law, had Perez and Zerah by him.
All the sons of Judah were five.
- The sons of Perez: Hezron and Hamul.
- And the sons of Zerah: Zimri and Ethan and Heman and Calcol and Dara;
five of them.
- And the sons of Carmi: Achan, the troubler of Israel, who did wrong about the cursed thing.
- And the son of Ethan: Azariah.
- And the sons of Hezron, the offspring of his body: Jerahmeel and Ram and Chelubai.
- And Ram was the father of Amminadab;
and Amminadab was the father of Nahshon, chief of the children of Judah;
- And Nahshon was the father of Salma, and Salma was the father of Boaz,
- And Boaz was the father of Obed, and Obed was the father of Jesse,
- And Jesse was the father of Eliab, his oldest son, and Abinadab, the second, and Shimea, the third,
- Nethanel, the fourth, Raddai, the fifth,
- Ozem, the sixth, David, the seventh;
- And their sisters were Zeruiah and Abigail.
And Zeruiah had three sons: Abishai and Joab and Asahel.
- And Abigail was the mother of Amasa;
and the father of Amasa was Jether the Ishmaelite.
- And Caleb, the son of Hezron, had children by Azubah his wife, the daughter of Jerioth;
and these were her sons: Jesher and Shobab and Ardon.
- And after the death of Azubah, Caleb took as his wife Ephrath, who was the mother of Hur.
- And Hur was the father of Uri;
and Uri was the father of Bezalel.
- And after that, Hezron had connection with the daughter of Machir, the father of Gilead, whom he took as his wife when he was sixty years old;
and she had Segub by him.
- And Segub was the father of Jair, who had twenty-three towns in the land of Gilead.
- And Geshur and Aram took the tent-towns of Jair from them, with Kenath and the small places round it, even sixty towns.
All these were the sons of Machir, the father of Gilead.
- And after the death of Hezron, Caleb had connection with Ephrath, his father Hezron's wife, and she gave birth to his son Asshur, the father of Tekoa.
- And the sons of Jerahmeel, the oldest son of Hezron, were Ram, the oldest, and Bunah and Oren and Ozem and Ahijah.
- And Jerahmeel had another wife, whose name was Atarah: she was the mother of Onam.
- And the sons of Ram, the oldest son of Jerahmeel, were Maaz and Jamin and Eker.
- And the sons of Onam were Shammai and Jada;
and the sons of Shammai: Nadab and Abishur.
- And the name of Abishur's wife was Abihail;
and she had Ahban and Molid by him.
- And the sons of Nadab: Seled and Appaim;
but Seled came to his end without sons.
- And the sons of Appaim: Ishi.
And the sons of Ishi: Sheshan.
And the sons of Sheshan: Ahlai.
- And the sons of Jada, the brother of Shammai: Jether and Jonathan;
and Jether came to his end without sons.
- And the sons of Jonathan: Peleth and Zaza.
These were the sons of Jerahmeel.
- Now Sheshan had no sons, but only daughters.
And Sheshan had an Egyptian servant, whose name was Jarha.
- And Sheshan gave his daughter to Jarha, his servant, as a wife;
and she had Attai by him.
- And Attai was the father of Nathan, and Nathan was the father of Zabad,
- And Zabad was the father of Ephlal, and Ephlal was the father of Obed,
- And Obed was the father of Jehu, and Jehu was the father of Azariah,
- And Azariah was the father of Helez, and Helez was the father of Eleasah,
- And Eleasah was the father of Sismai, and Sismai was the father of Shallum,
- And Shallum was the father of Jekamiah, and Jekamiah was the father of Elishama.
- And the sons of Caleb, the brother of Jerahmeel, were Mareshah, his oldest son, who was the father of Ziph and Hebron.
- And the sons of Hebron: Korah and Tappuah and Rekem and Shema.
- And Shema was the father of Raham, the father of Jorkeam, and Rekem was the father of Shammai.
- And the son of Shammai was Maon;
and Maon was the father of Beth-zur.
- And Ephah, Caleb's servant-wife, had Haran and Moza and Gazez;
and Haran was the father of Gazez.
- And the sons of Jahdai: Regem and Jotham and Geshan and Pelet and Ephah and Shaaph.
- Maacah, Caleb's servant-wife, was the mother of Sheber and Tirhanah,
- And Shaaph, the father of Madmannah, Sheva, the father of Machbena and the father of Gibea;
and Caleb's daughter was Achsah.
These were the sons of Caleb.
- The sons of Hur, the oldest son of Ephrathah;
Shobal, the father of Kiriath-jearim,
- Salma, the father of Beth-lehem, Hareph, the father of Beth-gader.
- And Shobal, the father of Kiriath-jearim, had sons: Haroeh, half of the Manahathites.
- And the families of Kiriath-jearim: the Ithrites and the Puthites and the Shumathites and the Mishraites;
from them came the Zorathites and the Eshtaolites.
- The sons of Salma: Beth-lehem and the Netophathites, Atroth-beth-Joab and half of the Manahathites, the Zorites.
- And the families of scribes who were living at Jabez: the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, the Sucathites.
These are the Kenites, the offspring of Hammath, the father of the family of Rechab.