- Now these were David's sons, whose birth took place in Hebron: the oldest Amnon, by Ahinoam of Jezreel;
the second Daniel, by Abigail the Carmelite woman;
- The third Absalom, the son of Maacah, the daughter of Talmai, king of Geshur;
the fourth Adonijah, the son of Haggith;
- The fifth Shephatiah, by Abital;
the sixth Ithream, by Eglah his wife.
- He had six sons in Hebron;
he was ruling there for seven years and six months, and in Jerusalem for thirty-three years.
- And in Jerusalem he had four sons, Shimea and Shobab and Nathan and Solomon, by Bath-shua, the daughter of Ammiel;
- And Ibhar and Elishama and Eliphelet
- And Nogah and Nepheg and Japhia
- And Elishama and Eliada and Eliphelet, nine.
- All these were the sons of David, in addition to the sons of his servant-wives;
and Tamar was their sister.
- And Solomon's son was Rehoboam, Abijah was his son, Asa his son, Jehoshaphat his son,
- Joram his son, Ahaziah his son, Joash his son,
- Amaziah his son, Azariah his son, Jotham his son,
- Ahaz his son, Hezekiah his son, Manasseh his son,
- Amon his son, Josiah his son.
- And the sons of Josiah: the oldest Johanan, the second Jehoiakim, the third Zedekiah, the fourth Shallum.
- And the sons of Jehoiakim: Jeconiah his son, Zedekiah his son.
- And the sons of Jeconiah, who was taken prisoner: Shealtiel his son,
- And Malchiram and Pedaiah and Shenazzar, Jekamiah, Hoshama and Nedabiah.
- And the sons of Pedaiah: Zerubbabel and Shimei;
and the sons of Zerubbabel: Meshullam and Hananiah;
and Shelomith was their sister;
- And Hashubah and Ohel and Berechiah and Hasadiah, Jushab-hesed, five.
- And the sons of Hananiah: Pelatiah and Jeshaiah;
the sons of Rephaiah, the sons of Arnan, the sons of Obadiah, the sons of Shecaniah.
- And the sons of Shecaniah: Shemaiah;
and the sons of Shemaiah: Hattush and Igal and Bariah and Neariah and Shaphat, six.
- And the sons of Neariah: Elioenai and Hizkiah and Azrikam, three.
- And the sons of Elioenai: Hodaviah and Eliashib and Pelaiah and Akkub and Johanan and Delaiah and Anani, seven.