- And the teaching I gave you, my brothers, was such as I was able to give, not to those who have the Spirit, but to those who are still in the flesh, even to children in Christ.
- I gave you milk and not meat, because you were, then, unable to take it, and even now you are not able;
- Because you are still in the flesh: for when there is envy and division among you, are you not still walking after the way of the flesh, even as natural men?
- For when one says, I am of Paul;
and another says, I am of Apollos;
are you not talking like natural men?
- What then is Apollos?
and what is Paul?
They are but servants who gave you the good news as God gave it to them.
- I did the planting, Apollos did the watering, but God gave the increase.
- So then the planter is nothing, and the waterer is nothing;
but God who gives the increase.
- Now the planter and the waterer are working for the same end: but they will have their separate rewards in the measure of their work.
- For we are workers with God: you are God's planting, God's building.
- In the measure of the grace given to me, I, as a wise master-builder, have put the base in position, and another goes on building on it.
But let every man take care what he puts on it.
- For there is no other base for the building but that which has been put down, which is Jesus Christ.
- But on the base a man may put gold, silver, stones of great price, wood, dry grass, cut stems;
- Every man's work will be made clear in that day, because it will be tested by fire;
and the fire itself will make clear the quality of every man's work.
- If any man's work comes through the test, he will have a reward.
- If the fire puts an end to any man's work, it will be his loss: but he will get salvation himself, though as by fire.
- Do you not see that you are God's holy house, and that the Spirit of God has his place in you?
- If anyone makes the house of God unclean, God will put an end to him;
for the house of God is holy, and you are his house.
- Let no man have a false idea.
If any man seems to himself to be wise among you, let him become foolish, so that he may be wise.
- For the wisdom of this world is foolish before God.
As it is said in the holy Writings, He who takes the wise in their secret designs:
- And again, The Lord has knowledge of the reasonings of the wise, that they are nothing.
- So let no one take pride in men.
For all things are yours;
- Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come;
all are yours;
- And you are Christ's;
and Christ is God's.