- I give you orders, before God and Christ Jesus, who will be the judge of the living and the dead, and by his revelation and his kingdom;
- Be preaching the word at all times, in every place;
make protests, say sharp words, give comfort, with long waiting and teaching;
- For the time will come when they will not take the true teaching;
but, moved by their desires, they will get for themselves a great number of teachers for the pleasure of hearing them;
- And shutting their ears to what is true, will be turned away to belief in foolish stories.
- But be self-controlled in all things, do without comfort, go on preaching the good news, completing the work which has been given you to do.
- For I am even now being offered, and my end is near.
- I have made a good fight, I have come to the end of my journey, I have kept the faith:
- From now on, the crown of righteousness is made ready for me, which the Lord, the upright judge, Will give to me at that day: and not only to me, but to all those who have had love for his revelation.
- Do your best to come to me before long:
- For Demas has gone away from me, for love of this present life, and has gone to Thessalonica: Crescens has gone to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia.
- Only Luke is with me.
Get Mark and take him with you;
for he is of use to me in the work.
- Tychicus I sent to Ephesus.
- The coat which I did not take from Troas and which is with Carpus, get when you come, and the books, specially the papers.
- Alexander the copper-worker did me much wrong: the Lord will give him the reward of his works:
- But be on the watch for him, for he was violent in his attacks on our teaching.
- At my first meeting with my judges, no one took my part, but all went away from me.
May it not be put to their account.
- But the Lord was by my side and gave me strength;
so that through me the news might be given out in full measure, and all the Gentiles might give ear: and I was taken out of the mouth of the lion.
- The Lord will keep me safe from every evil work and will give me salvation in his kingdom in heaven: to whom be glory for ever and ever.
So be it.
- Give my love to Prisca and Aquila and those of the house of Onesiphorus.
- Erastus was stopping at Corinth;
but Trophimus, when I last saw him was at Miletus, ill.
- Do your best to come before the winter.
Eubulus sends you his love, and Pudens and Linus and Claudia, and all the brothers.
- The Lord be with your spirit.
Grace be with you.