- If then you have a new life with Christ, give your attention to the things of heaven, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
- Keep your mind on the higher things, not on the things of earth.
- For your life on earth is done, and you have a secret life with Christ in God.
- At the coming of Christ who is our life, you will be seen with him in glory.
- Then put to death your bodies which are of the earth;
wrong use of the flesh, unclean things, passion, evil desires and envy, which is the worship of strange gods;
- Because of which the wrath of God comes on those who go against his orders;
- Among whom you were living in the past, when you did such things.
- But now it is right for you to put away all these things;
wrath, passion, bad feeling, curses, unclean talk;
- Do not make false statements to one another;
because you have put away the old man with all his doings,
- And have put on the new man, which has become new in knowledge after the image of his maker;
- Where there is no Greek or Jew, no one with circumcision or without circumcision, no division between nations, no servant or free man: but Christ is all and in all.
- As saints of God, then, holy and dearly loved, let your behaviour be marked by pity and mercy, kind feeling, a low opinion of yourselves, gentle ways, and a power of undergoing all things;
- Being gentle to one another and having forgiveness for one another, if anyone has done wrong to his brother, even as the Lord had forgiveness for you:
- And more than all, have love;
the only way in which you may be completely joined together.
- And let the peace of Christ be ruling in your hearts, as it was the purpose of God for you to be one body;
and give praise to God at all times.
- Let the word of Christ be in you in all wealth of wisdom;
teaching and helping one another with songs of praise and holy words, making melody to God with grace in your hearts.
- And whatever you do, in word or in act, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving praise to God the Father through him.
- Wives, be under the authority of your husbands, as is right in the Lord.
- Husbands, have love for your wives, and be not bitter against them.
- Children, do the orders of your fathers and mothers in all things, for this is pleasing to the Lord.
- Fathers, do not be hard on your children, so that their spirit may not be broken.
- Servants, in all things do the orders of your natural masters;
not only when their eyes are on you, as pleasers of men, but with all your heart, fearing the Lord:
- Whatever you do, do it readily, as to the Lord and not to men;
- Being certain that the Lord will give you the reward of the heritage: for you are the servants of the Lord Christ.
- For the wrongdoer will have punishment for the wrong he has done, without respect for any man's position.