- And he said to me, Son of man, get up on your feet, so that I may say words to you.
- And at his words the spirit came into me and put me on my feet;
and his voice came to my ears.
- And he said to me, Son of man, I am sending you to the children of Israel, to an uncontrolled nation which has gone against me: they and their fathers have been sinners against me even to this very day.
- And the children are hard and stiff-hearted;
I am sending you to them: and you are to say to them, These are the words of the Lord.
- And they, if they give ear to you or if they do not give ear (for they are an uncontrolled people), will see that there has been a prophet among them.
- And you, son of man, have no fear of them or of their words, even if sharp thorns are round you and you are living among scorpions: have no fear of their words and do not be overcome by their looks, for they are an uncontrolled people.
- And you are to give them my words, if they give ear to you or if they do not: for they are uncontrolled.
- But you, son of man, give ear to what I say to you, and do not be uncontrolled like that uncontrolled people: let your mouth be open and take what I give you.
- And looking, I saw a hand stretched out to me, and I saw the roll of a book in it;
- And he put it open before me, and it had writing on the front and on the back;
words of grief and sorrow and trouble were recorded in it.