- Christ has truly made us free: then keep your free condition and let no man put a yoke on you again.
- See, I Paul say to you, that if you undergo circumcision, Christ will be of no use to you.
- Yes, I give witness again to every man who undergoes circumcision, that he will have to keep all the law.
- You are cut off from Christ, you who would have righteousness by the law;
you are turned away from grace.
- For we through the Spirit by faith are waiting for the hope of righteousness.
- Because in Christ Jesus, having circumcision or not having circumcision are equally of no profit;
but only faith working through love.
- You were going on well;
who was the cause of your not giving ear to what is true?
- This ready belief did not come from him who had made you his.
- A little leaven makes a change in all the mass.
- I am certain about you in the Lord, that you will be of no other mind;
but he who is troubling you will have his punishment, whoever he is.
- But I, brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still attacked?
then has the shame of the cross been taken away.
- My desire is that they who give you trouble might even be cut off themselves.
- Because you, brothers, were marked out to be free;
only do not make use of your free condition to give the flesh its chance, but through love be servants one to another.
- For all the law is made complete in one word, even in this, Have love for your neighbour as for yourself.
- But if you are given to fighting with one another, take care that you are not the cause of destruction one to another.
- But I say, Go on in the Spirit, and you will not come under the rule of the evil desires of the flesh.
- For the flesh has desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh;
because these are opposite the one to the other;
so that you may not do the things which you have a mind to do.
- But if you are guided by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
- Now the works of the flesh are clear, which are these: evil desire, unclean things, wrong use of the senses,
- Worship of images, use of strange powers, hates, fighting, desire for what another has, angry feelings, attempts to get the better of others, divisions, false teachings,
- Envy, uncontrolled drinking and feasting, and such things: of which I give you word clearly, even as I did in the past, that they who do such things will have no part in the kingdom of God.
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, a quiet mind, kind acts, well-doing, faith,
- Gentle behaviour, control over desires: against such there is no law.
- And those who are Christ's have put to death on the cross the flesh with its passions and its evil desires.
- If we are living by the Spirit, by the Spirit let us be guided.
- Let us not be full of self-glory, making one another angry, having envy of one another.