- And after a time, when men were increasing on the earth, and had daughters,
- The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair;
and they took wives for themselves from those who were pleasing to them.
- And the Lord said, My spirit will not be in man for ever, for he is only flesh;
so the days of his life will be a hundred and twenty years.
- There were men of great strength and size on the earth in those days;
and after that, when the sons of God had connection with the daughters of men, they gave birth to children: these were the great men of old days, the men of great name.
- And the Lord saw that the sin of man was great on the earth, and that all the thoughts of his heart were evil.
- And the Lord had sorrow because he had made man on the earth, and grief was in his heart.
- And the Lord said, I will take away man, whom I have made, from the face of the earth, even man and beast and that which goes on the earth and every bird of the air;
for I have sorrow for having made them.
- But Noah had grace in the eyes of God.
- These are the generations of Noah.
Noah was an upright man and without sin in his generation: he went in the ways of God.
- And Noah had three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- And the earth was evil in God's eyes and full of violent ways.
- And God, looking on the earth, saw that it was evil: for the way of all flesh had become evil on the earth.
- And God said to Noah, The end of all flesh has come;
the earth is full of their violent doings, and now I will put an end to them with the earth.
- Make for yourself an ark of gopher wood with rooms in it, and make it safe from the water inside and out.
- And this is the way you are to make it: it is to be three hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide, and thirty cubits high.
- You are to put a window in the ark, a cubit from the roof, and a door in the side of it, and you are to make it with a lower and second and third floors.
- For truly, I will send a great flow of waters over the earth, for the destruction from under the heaven of all flesh in which is the breath of life;
everything on the earth will come to an end.
- But with you I will make an agreement;
and you will come into the ark, you and your sons and your wife and your sons' wives with you.
- And you will take with you into the ark two of every sort of living thing, and keep them safe with you;
they will be male and female.
- Two of every sort of bird and cattle and of every sort of living thing which goes on the earth will you take with you to keep them from destruction.
- And make a store of every sort of food for yourself and them.
- And all these things Noah did;
as God said, so he did.