- And God gave his blessing to Noah and his sons, and said, Be fertile, and have increase, and make the earth full.
- And the fear of you will be strong in every beast of the earth and every bird of the air;
everything which goes on the land, and all the fishes of the sea, are given into your hands.
- Every living and moving thing will be food for you;
I give them all to you as before I gave you all green things.
- But flesh with the life-blood in it you may not take for food.
- And for your blood, which is your life, will I take payment;
from every beast I will take it, and from every man will I take payment for the blood of his brother-man.
- Whoever takes a man's life, by man will his life be taken;
because God made man in his image.
- And now, be fertile and have increase;
have offspring on the earth and become great in number.
- And God said to Noah and to his sons,
- Truly, I will make my agreement with you and with your seed after you,
- And with every living thing with you, all birds and cattle and every beast of the earth which comes out of the ark with you.
- And I will make my agreement with you;
never again will all flesh be cut off by the waters;
never again will the waters come over all the earth for its destruction.
- And God said, This is the sign of the agreement which I make between me and you and every living thing with you, for all future generations:
- I will put my bow in the cloud and it will be for a sign of the agreement between me and the earth.
- And whenever I make a cloud come over the earth, the bow will be seen in the cloud,
- And I will keep in mind the agreement between me and you and every living thing;
and never again will there be a great flow of waters causing destruction to all flesh.
- And the bow will be in the cloud, and looking on it, I will keep in mind the eternal agreement between God and every living thing on the earth.
- And God said to Noah, This is the sign of the agreement which I have made between me and all flesh on the earth.
- And the sons of Noah who went out of the ark were Shem, Ham, and Japheth;
and Ham is the father of Canaan.
- These three were the sons of Noah and from them all the earth was peopled.
- In those days Noah became a farmer, and he made a vine-garden.
- And he took of the wine of it and was overcome by drink;
and he was uncovered in his tent.
- And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father unclothed, and gave news of it to his two brothers outside.
- And Shem and Japheth took a robe, and putting it on their backs went in with their faces turned away, and put it over their father so that they might not see him unclothed.
- And, awaking from his wine, Noah saw what his youngest son had done to him, and he said,
- Cursed be Canaan;
let him be a servant of servants to his brothers.
- And he said, Praise to the Lord, the God of Shem;
let Canaan be his servant.
- May God make Japheth great, and let his living-place be in the tents of Shem, and let Canaan be his servant.
- And Noah went on living three hundred and fifty years after the great flow of waters;
- all the years of his life were nine hundred and fifty: and he came to his end.