- Give ear to this, O priests;
give attention, O Israel, and you, family of the king;
for you are to be judged;
you have been a deceit at Mizpah and a net stretched out on Tabor.
- They have gone deep in the evil ways of Shittim, but I am the judge of all.
- I have knowledge of Ephraim, and Israel is not secret from me;
for now, O Ephraim, you have been false to me, Israel has become unclean.
- Their works will not let them come back to their God, for a false spirit is in them and they have no knowledge of the Lord.
- And the pride of Israel gives an answer to his face;
and Ephraim will have a fall through his sins, and the fall of Judah will be the same as theirs.
- They will go, with their flocks and their herds, in search of the Lord, but they will not see him;
he has taken himself out of their view.
- They have been false to the Lord;
they have given birth to strange children;
now the new moon will make them waste with their fields.
- Let the horn be sounded in Gibeah and in Ramah;
give a loud cry in Beth-aven, They are after you, O Benjamin.
- Ephraim will become a waste in the day of punishment;
I have given knowledge among the tribes of Israel of what is certain.
- The rulers of Judah are like those who take away a landmark;
I will let loose my wrath on them like flowing water.
- Ephraim is troubled;
he is crushed by his judges, because he took pleasure in walking after deceit.
- And so to Ephraim I am like a wasting insect, and a destruction to the children of Judah.
- When Ephraim saw his disease and Judah his wound, then Ephraim went to Assyria and sent to the great king;
but he is not able to make you well or give you help for your wound.
- For I will be to Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the children of Judah;
I, even I, will give him wounds and go away;
I will take him away, and there will be no helper.
- I will go back to my place till they are made waste;
in their trouble they will go after me early and will make search for me.