- The word about Moab.
For in a night Ar of Moab has become waste, and is seen no longer;
for in a night Kir of Moab has become waste, and is seen no longer.
- The daughter of Dibon has gone up to the high places, weeping: Moab is sounding her cry of sorrow over Nebo, and over Medeba: everywhere the hair of the head and of the face is cut off.
- In their streets they are covering themselves with haircloth: on the tops of their houses, and in their public places, there is crying and bitter weeping.
- Heshbon is crying out, and Elealeh;
their voice is sounding even to Jahaz: for this cause the heart of Moab is shaking;
his soul is shaking with fear.
- My heart is crying out for Moab;
her people go in flight to Zoar, and to Eglath-shelishiyah: for they go up with weeping by the slope of Luhith;
on the way to Horonaim they send up a cry of destruction.
- The waters of Nimrim will become dry: for the grass is burned up, the young grass is coming to an end, every green thing is dead.
- For this cause they will take away their wealth, and the stores they have got together, over the stream of the water-plants.
- For the cry has gone round the limits of Moab;
as far as to Eglaim and Beer-elim.
- For the waters of Dimon are full of blood: and I'm sending even more on Moab, a lion on those of Moab who go in flight, and on the rest of the land.