- In that day will this song be made in the land of Judah: We have a strong town;
he will make salvation our walls and towers.
- Let the doors be open, so that the upright nation which keeps faith may come in.
- The man whose heart is unmoved you will keep in peace, because his hope is in you.
- Let your hope be in the Lord for ever: for the Lord Jah is an unchanging Rock.
- For he has made low those who are lifted up, all the people of the town of pride: he makes it low, crushing it down to the earth;
he makes it low in the dust.
- It will be crushed under the feet of the poor and the steps of those who are in need.
- The way of the good man is straight;
the road of the upright is made smooth by you.
- We have been waiting for you, O Lord;
the desire of our soul is for the memory of your name.
- In the night the desire of my soul has been for you;
early will my spirit be searching for you;
for when your punishments come on the earth, the people of the world will get the knowledge of righteousness.
- Even if you are kind to the evil-doer, he will not go after righteousness;
even in the land of the upright he will still go on in his wrongdoing, and will not see the glory of the Lord.
- Lord, your hand is lifted up, but they do not see: let them see … yes, your haters will be burned up in the fire.
- Lord, you will give us peace: for all our works are the outcome of your purpose.
- O Lord, our God, other lords than you have had rule over us;
but in you only is our salvation, and no other name will we take on our lips.
- The dead will not come back to life: their spirits will not come back to earth;
for this cause you have sent destruction on them, so that the memory of them is dead.
- You have made the nation great, O Lord, you have made it great;
glory is yours: you have made wide the limits of the land.
- Lord, in trouble our eyes have been turned to you, we sent up a prayer when your punishment was on us.
- As a woman with child, whose time is near, is troubled, crying out in her pain;
so have we been before you, O Lord.
- We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have given birth to wind;
no salvation has come to the earth through us, and no children have come into the world.
- Your dead will come back;
their dead bodies will come to life again.
Those in the dust, awaking from their sleep, will send out a song;
for your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the shades.
- Come, my people, into your secret places, and let your doors be shut: keep yourself safe for a short time, till his wrath is over.
- For the Lord is coming out of his place to send punishment on the people of the earth for their evil-doing: the earth will let the blood drained out on her be seen, and will keep her dead covered no longer.