put on your strength, O Zion;
put on your beautiful robes, O Jerusalem, the holy town: for from now there will never again come into you the unclean and those without circumcision.
- Make yourself clean from the dust;
and take the seat of your power, O Jerusalem: the bands of your neck are loose, O prisoned daughter of Zion.
- For the Lord says, You were given for nothing, and you will be made free without price.
- For the Lord God says, My people went down at first into Egypt, to get a place for themselves there: and the Assyrian put a cruel yoke on them without cause.
- Now then, what have I here?
says the Lord, for my people are taken away without cause;
they are made waste and give cries of sorrow, says the Lord, and all the day the nations put shame on my name.
- For this cause I will make my name clear to my people;
in that day they will be certain that it is my word which comes to them;
see, here am I.
- How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of him who comes with good news, who gives word of peace, saying that salvation is near;
who says to Zion, Your God is ruling!
- The voice of your watchmen!
their voices are loud in song together;
for they will see him, eye to eye, when the Lord comes back to Zion.
- Give sounds of joy, make melody together, waste places of Jerusalem: for the Lord has given comfort to his people, he has taken up the cause of Jerusalem.
- The Lord has let his holy arm be seen by the eyes of all nations;
and all the ends of the earth will see the salvation of our God.
go out from there, touching no unclean thing;
go out from among her;
be clean, you who take up the vessels of the Lord.
- For you will not go out suddenly, and you will not go in flight: for the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel will come after you to keep you.
- See, my servant will do well in his undertakings, he will be honoured, and lifted up, and be very high.
- As peoples were surprised at him, And his face was not beautiful, so as to be desired: his face was so changed by disease as to be unlike that of a man, and his form was no longer that of the sons of men.
- So will nations give him honour;
kings will keep quiet because of him: for what had not been made clear to them they will see;
and they will give their minds to what had not come to their ears.