- The Lord says, Let your way of life be upright, and let your behaviour be rightly ordered: for my salvation is near, and my righteousness will quickly be seen.
- Happy is the man who does this, and the son of man whose behaviour is so ordered;
who keeps the Sabbath holy, and his hand from doing any evil.
- And let not the man from a strange country, who has been joined to the Lord, say, The Lord will certainly put a division between me and his people: and let not the unsexed man say, See, I am a dry tree.
- For the Lord says, As for the unsexed who keep my Sabbaths, and give their hearts to pleasing me, and keep their agreement with me:
- I will give to them in my house, and inside my walls, a place and a name better than that of sons and daughters;
I will give them an eternal name which will not be cut off.
- And as for those from a strange country, who are joined to the Lord, to give worship to him and honour to his name, to be his servants, even everyone who keeps the Sabbath holy, and keeps his agreement with me:
- I will make them come to my holy mountain, and will give them joy in my house of prayer;
I will take pleasure in the burned offerings which they make on my altar: for my house will be named a house of prayer for all peoples.
- The Lord God, who gets together the wandering ones of Israel, says, I will get together others in addition to those of Israel who have come back.
- All you beasts of the field, come together for your meat, even all you beasts of the wood.
- His watchmen are blind, they are all without knowledge;
they are all dogs without tongues, unable to make a sound;
stretched out dreaming, loving sleep.
- Yes, the dogs are for ever looking for food;
while these, the keepers of the sheep, are without wisdom: they have all gone after their pleasure, every one looking for profit;
they are all the same.
- Come, they say, I will get wine, and we will take strong drink in full measure;
and tomorrow will be like today, full of pleasure.