- So these three men gave no more answers to Job, because he seemed to himself to be right.
- And Elihu, the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the family of Ram, was angry, burning with wrath against Job, because he seemed to himself more right than God;
- And he was angry with his three friends, because they had been unable to give him an answer, and had not made Job's sin clear.
- Now Elihu had kept quiet while Job was talking, because they were older than he;
- And when Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of the three men, he was very angry.
- And Elihu, the son of Barachel the Buzite, made answer and said, I am young, and you are very old, so I was in fear, and kept myself from putting my knowledge before you.
- I said to myself, It is right for the old to say what is in their minds, and for those who are far on in years to give out wisdom.
- But truly it is the spirit in man, even the breath of the Ruler of all, which gives them knowledge.
- It is not the old who are wise, and those who are full of years have not the knowledge of what is right.
- So I say, Give ear to me, and I will put forward my knowledge.
- I was waiting for your words, I was giving ear to your wise sayings;
while you were searching out what to say,
- I was taking note;
and truly not one of you was able to make clear Job's error, or to give an answer to his words.
- Take care that you do not say, Wisdom is here;
God may overcome him, but not man.
- I will not put forward words like these, or make use of your sayings in answer to him.
- Fear has overcome them, they have no more answers to give;
they have come to an end of words.
- And am I to go on waiting while they have nothing to say?
while they keep quiet and give no more answers?
- I will give my answer;
I will put forward my knowledge:
- For I am full of words, I am unable to keep in my breath any longer:
- My stomach is like wine which is unable to get out;
like skins full of new wine, it is almost burst.
- Let me say what is in my mind, so that I may get comfort;
let me give answer with open mouth.
- Let me not give respect to any man, or give names of honour to any living.
- For I am not able to give names of honour to any man;
and if I did, my Maker would quickly take me away.