- And Elihu made answer and said,
- Does it seem to you to be right, and righteousness before God, to say,
- What profit is it to me, and how am I better off than if I had done wrong?
- I will make answer to you and to your friends:
- Let your eyes be turned to the heavens, and lifted up to see the skies;
they are higher than you.
- If you have done wrong, is he any the worse for it?
and if your sins are great in number, what is it to him?
- If you are upright, what do you give to him?
or what does he take from your hand?
- Your evil-doing may have an effect on a man like yourself, or your righteousness on a son of man.
- Because the hand of the cruel is hard on them, men are making sounds of grief;
they are crying out for help because of the arm of the strong.
- But no one has said, Where is God my Maker, who gives songs in the night;
- Who gives us more knowledge than the beasts of the earth, and makes us wiser than the birds of the heaven?
- There they are crying out because of the pride of the evil-doers, but he gives them no answer.
- But God will not give ear to what is false, or the Ruler of all take note of it;
- How much less when you say that you do not see him;
that the cause is before him, and you are waiting for him.
- And now … ;
- And Job's mouth is open wide to give out what is of no profit, increasing words without knowledge.