- He is so cruel that no one is ready to go against him.
Who then is able to keep his place before me?
- Who ever went against me, and got the better of me?
There is no one under heaven!
- I will not keep quiet about the parts of his body, or about his power, and the strength of his frame.
- Who has ever taken off his outer skin?
who may come inside his inner coat of iron?
- Who has made open the doors of his face?
Fear is round about his teeth.
- His back is made of lines of plates, joined tight together, one against the other, like a stamp.
- One is so near to the other that no air may come between them.
- They take a grip of one another;
they are joined together, so that they may not be parted.
- His sneezings give out flames, and his eyes are like the eyes of the dawn.
- Out of his mouth go burning lights, and flames of fire are jumping up.
- Smoke comes out of his nose, like a pot boiling on the fire.
- His breath puts fire to coals, and a flame goes out of his mouth.
- Strength is in his neck, and fear goes dancing before him.
- The plates of his flesh are joined together, fixed, and not to be moved.
- His heart is as strong as a stone, hard as the lower crushing-stone.
- When he gets ready for the fight, the strong are overcome with fear.
- The sword may come near him but is not able to go through him;
the spear, or the arrow, or the sharp-pointed iron.
- Iron is to him as dry grass, and brass as soft wood.
- The arrow is not able to put him to flight: stones are no more to him than dry stems.
- A thick stick is no better than a leaf of grass, and he makes sport of the onrush of the spear.
- Under him are sharp edges of broken pots: as if he was pulling a grain-crushing instrument over the wet earth.
- The deep is boiling like a pot of spices, and the sea like a perfume-vessel.
- After him his way is shining, so that the deep seems white.
- On earth there is not another like him, who is made without fear.
- Everything which is high goes in fear of him;
he is king over all the sons of pride.