- And Job said in answer to the Lord,
- I see that you are able to do every thing, and to give effect to all your designs.
- Who is this who makes dark the purpose of God by words without knowledge?
For I have been talking without knowledge about wonders not to be searched out.
- Give ear to me, and I will say what is in my mind;
I will put questions to you, and you will give me the answers.
- Word of you had come to my ears, but now my eye has seen you.
- For this cause I give witness that what I said is false, and in sorrow I take my seat in the dust.
- And it came about, after he had said these words to Job, that the Lord said to Eliphaz the Temanite, I am very angry with you and your two friends, because you have not said what is right about me, as my servant Job has.
- And now, take seven oxen and seven sheep, and go to my servant Job, and give a burned offering for yourselves, and my servant Job will make prayer for you, that I may not send punishment on you;
because you have not said what is right about me, as my servant Job has.
- And Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite, went and did as the Lord had said.
And the Lord gave ear to Job.
- And the Lord made up to Job for all his losses, after he had made prayer for his friends: and all Job had before was increased by the Lord twice as much.
- And all his brothers and sisters, and his friends of earlier days, came and took food with him in his house;
and made clear their grief for him, and gave him comfort for all the evil which the Lord had sent on him;
and they all gave him a bit of money and a gold ring.
- And the Lord's blessing was greater on the end of Job's life than on its start: and so he came to have fourteen thousand sheep and goats, and six thousand camels, and two thousand oxen, and a thousand she-asses.
- And he had seven sons and three daughters.
- And he gave the first the name of Jemimah, the second Keziah, and the third Keren-happuch;
- And there were no women so beautiful as the daughters of Job in all the earth: and their father gave them a heritage among their brothers.
- And after this Job had a hundred and forty years of life, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations.
- And Job came to his end, old and full of days.