- For see, the day is coming, it is burning like an oven;
all the men of pride and all who do evil will be dry stems of grass: and in the day which is coming they will be burned up, says the Lord of armies, till they have not a root or a branch.
- But to you who give worship to my name, the sun of righteousness will come up with new life in its wings;
and you will go out, playing like young oxen full of food.
- And the evil-doers will be crushed under you, they will be dust under your feet, in the day when I do my work, says the Lord of armies.
- Keep in mind the law of Moses, my servant, which I gave him in Horeb for all Israel, even the rules and the decisions.
- See, I am sending you Elijah the prophet before the day of the Lord comes, that great day, greatly to be feared.
- And by him the hearts of fathers will be turned to their children, and the hearts of children to their fathers;
for fear that I may come and put the earth under a curse.