- And the Lord said to Moses, in the waste land of Sinai, in the first month of the second year after they had come out of the land of Egypt,
- Let the children of Israel keep the Passover at its regular time.
- In the fourteenth day of this month, at evening, you are to keep it at the regular time, and in the way ordered in the law.
- And Moses gave orders to the children of Israel to keep the Passover.
- So they kept the Passover in the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, at evening, in the waste land of Sinai: as the Lord gave orders to Moses, so the children of Israel did.
- And there were certain men who were unclean because of a dead body, so that they were not able to keep the Passover on that day;
and they came before Moses and before Aaron on that day:
- And these men said to him, We have been made unclean by the dead body of a man;
why may we not make the offering of the Lord at the regular time among the children of Israel?
- And Moses said to them, Do nothing till the Lord gives me directions about you.
- And the Lord said to Moses,
- Say to the children of Israel, If any one of you or of your families is unclean because of a dead body, or is on a journey far away, still he is to keep the Passover to the Lord:
- In the second month, on the fourteenth day, in the evening, they are to keep it, taking it with unleavened bread and bitter-tasting plants;
- Nothing of it is to be kept till the morning, and no bone of it is to be broken: they are to keep it by the rules of the Passover.
- But the man who, not being unclean or on a journey, does not keep the Passover, will be cut off from his people: because he did not make the offering of the Lord at the regular time, his sin will be on him.
- And if a man from another country is among you and has a desire to keep the Passover to the Lord, let him do as is ordered in the law of the Passover: there is to be the same rule for the man from another nation and for him who had his birth in the land.
- And on the day when the House was put up, the cloud came down on it, on the Tent of witness;
and in the evening there was a light like fire over the House till the morning.
- And so it was at all times: it was covered by the cloud, and by a light as of fire by night.
- And whenever the cloud was taken up from over the House, then the children of Israel went journeying on;
and in the place where the cloud came to rest, there the children of Israel put up their tents.
- At the order of the Lord the children of Israel went forward, and at the order of the Lord they put up their tents: as long as the cloud was resting on the House, they did not go away from that place.
- When the cloud was resting on the House for a long time the children of Israel, waiting for the order of the Lord, did not go on.
- Sometimes the cloud was resting on the House for two or three days;
then, by the order of the Lord, they kept their tents in that place, and when the Lord gave the order they went on.
- And sometimes the cloud was there only from evening to morning;
and when the cloud was taken up in the morning they went on their journey again: or if it was resting there by day and by night, whenever the cloud was taken up they went forward.
- Or if the cloud came to rest on the House for two days or a month or a year without moving, the children of Israel went on waiting there and did not go on;
but whenever it was taken up they went forward on their journey.
- At the word of the Lord they put up their tents, and at the word of the Lord they went forward on their journey: they kept the orders of the Lord as he gave them by Moses.