- Scales of deceit are hated by the Lord, but a true weight is his delight.
- When pride comes, there comes shame, but wisdom is with the quiet in spirit.
- The righteousness of the upright will be their guide, but the twisted ways of the false will be their destruction.
- Wealth is of no profit in the day of wrath, but righteousness keeps a man safe from death.
- The righteousness of the good man will make his way straight, but the sin of the evil-doer will be the cause of his fall.
- The righteousness of the upright will be their salvation, but the false will themselves be taken in their evil designs.
- At the death of an upright man his hope does not come to an end, but the hope of the evil-doer comes to destruction.
- The upright man is taken out of trouble, and in his place comes the sinner.
- With his mouth the evil man sends destruction on his neighbour;
but through knowledge the upright are taken out of trouble.
- When things go well for the upright man, all the town is glad;
at the death of sinners, there are cries of joy.
- By the blessing of the upright man the town is made great, but it is overturned by the mouth of the evil-doer.
- He who has a poor opinion of his neighbour has no sense, but a wise man keeps quiet.
- He who goes about talking of others makes secrets public, but the true-hearted man keeps things covered.
- When there is no helping suggestion the people will have a fall, but with a number of wise guides they will be safe.
- He who makes himself responsible for a strange man will undergo much loss;
but the hater of such undertakings will be safe.
- A woman who is full of grace is honoured, but a woman hating righteousness is a seat of shame: those hating work will undergo loss, but the strong keep their wealth.
- The man who has mercy will be rewarded, but the cruel man is the cause of trouble to himself.
- The sinner gets the payment of deceit;
but his reward is certain who puts in the seed of righteousness.
- So righteousness gives life;
but he who goes after evil gets death for himself.
- The uncontrolled are hated by the Lord, but those whose ways are without error are his delight
- Certainly the evil-doer will not go free from punishment, but the seed of the upright man will be safe.
- Like a ring of gold in the nose of a pig, is a beautiful woman who has no sense.
- The desire of the upright man is only for good, but wrath is waiting for the evil-doer.
- A man may give freely, and still his wealth will be increased;
and another may keep back more than is right, but only comes to be in need.
- He who gives blessing will be made fat, but the curser will himself be cursed.
- He who keeps back grain will be cursed by the people;
but a blessing will be on the head of him who lets them have it for a price.
- He who, with all his heart, goes after what is good is searching for grace;
but he who is looking for trouble will get it.
- He who puts his faith in wealth will come to nothing;
but the upright man will be full of growth like the green leaf.
- The troubler of his house will have the wind for his heritage, and the foolish will be servant to the wise-hearted.
- The fruit of righteousness is a tree of life, but violent behaviour takes away souls.
- If the upright man is rewarded on earth, how much more the evil-doer and the sinner!