- A lover of training is a lover of knowledge;
but a hater of teaching is like a beast.
- A good man has grace in the eyes of the Lord;
but the man of evil designs gets punishment from him.
- No man will make himself safe through evil-doing;
but the root of upright men will never be moved.
- A woman of virtue is a crown to her husband;
but she whose behaviour is a cause of shame is like a wasting disease in his bones.
- The purposes of upright men are right, but the designs of evil-doers are deceit.
- The words of sinners are destruction for the upright;
but the mouth of upright men is their salvation.
- Evil-doers are overturned and never seen again, but the house of upright men will keep its place.
- A man will be praised in the measure of his wisdom, but a wrong-minded man will be looked down on.
- He who is of low position and has a servant, is better than one who has a high opinion of himself and is in need of bread.
- An upright man has thought for the life of his beast, but the hearts of evil-doers are cruel.
- He who does work on his land will not be short of bread;
but he who goes after foolish men is without sense.
- The resting-place of the sinner will come to destruction, but the root of upright men is for ever.
- In the sin of the lips is a net which takes the sinner, but the upright man will come out of trouble.
- From the fruit of his mouth will a man have good food in full measure, and the work of a man's hands will be rewarded.
- The way of the foolish man seems right to him?
but the wise man gives ear to suggestions.
- A foolish man lets his trouble be openly seen, but a sharp man keeps shame secret.
- The breathing out of true words gives knowledge of righteousness;
but a false witness gives out deceit.
- There are some whose uncontrolled talk is like the wounds of a sword, but the tongue of the wise makes one well again.
- True lips are certain for ever, but a false tongue is only for a minute.
- Deceit is in the heart of those whose designs are evil, but for those purposing peace there is joy.
- No trouble will come to upright men, but sinners will be full of evil.
- False lips are hated by the Lord, but those whose acts are true are his delight.
- A sharp man keeps back his knowledge;
but the heart of foolish men makes clear their foolish thoughts.
- The hand of the ready worker will have authority, but he who is slow in his work will be put to forced work.
- Care in the heart of a man makes it weighted down, but a good word makes it glad.
- The upright man is a guide to his neighbour, but the way of evil-doers is a cause of error to them.
- He who is slow in his work does not go in search of food;
but the ready worker gets much wealth.
- In the road of righteousness is life, but the way of the evil-doer goes to death.