- Wisdom has made her house, putting up her seven pillars.
- She has put her fat beasts to death;
her wine is mixed, her table is ready.
- She has sent out her women-servants;
her voice goes out to the highest places of the town, saying,
- Whoever is simple, let him come in here;
and to him who has no sense, she says:
- Come, take of my bread, and of my wine which is mixed.
- Give up the simple ones and have life, and go in the way of knowledge.
- He who gives teaching to a man of pride gets shame for himself;
he who says sharp words to a sinner gets a bad name.
- Do not say sharp words to a man of pride, or he will have hate for you;
make them clear to a wise man, and you will be dear to him.
- Give teaching to a wise man, and he will become wiser;
give training to an upright man, and his learning will be increased.
- The fear of the Lord is the start of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One gives a wise mind
- For by me your days will be increased, and the years of your life will be long.
- If you are wise, you are wise for yourself;
if your heart is full of pride, you only will have the pain of it.
- The foolish woman is full of noise;
she has no sense at all.
- Seated at the door of her house, in the high places of the town,
- Crying out to those who go by, going straight on their way, she says:
- Whoever is simple, let him come in here: and to him who is without sense, she says:
- Drink taken without right is sweet, and food in secret is pleasing.
- But he does not see that the dead are there, that her guests are in the deep places of the underworld.