- Happy is the man who does not go in the company of sinners, or take his place in the way of evil-doers, or in the seat of those who do not give honour to the Lord.
- But whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and whose mind is on his law day and night.
- He will be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, which gives its fruit at the right time, whose leaves will ever be green;
and he will do well in all his undertakings.
- The evil-doers are not so;
but are like the dust from the grain, which the wind takes away.
- For this cause there will be no mercy for sinners when they are judged, and the evil-doers will have no place among the upright,
- Because the Lord sees the way of the upright, but the end of the sinner is destruction.