- <Of David.>
Give praise to the Lord, O my soul;
let everything in me give praise to his holy name.
- Give praise to the Lord, O my soul;
let not all his blessings go from your memory.
- He has forgiveness for all your sins;
he takes away all your diseases;
- He keeps back your life from destruction, crowning you with mercy and grace.
- He makes your mouth full of good things, so that your strength is made new again like the eagle's.
- The Lord gives decisions in righteousness for all who are in trouble.
- He gave knowledge of his way to Moses, and made his acts clear to the children of Israel.
- The Lord is kind and full of pity, not quickly made angry, but ever ready to have mercy.
- His feeling will no longer be bitter;
he will not keep his wrath for ever.
- He has not given us the punishment for our sins, or the reward of our wrongdoing.
- For as the heaven is high over the earth, so great is his mercy to his worshippers.
- As far as the east is from the west, so far has he put our sins from us.
- As a father has pity on his children, so the Lord has pity on his worshippers.
- For he has knowledge of our feeble frame;
he sees that we are only dust.
- As for man, his days are as grass: his beautiful growth is like the flower of the field.
- The wind goes over it and it is gone;
and its place sees it no longer.
- But the mercy of the Lord is eternal for his worshippers, and their children's children will see his righteousness;
- If they keep his agreement, and have his laws in mind to do them.
- The Lord has made ready his high seat in the heavens;
his kingdom is ruling over all.
- Give praise to the Lord, you his angels, who are great in strength, doing his orders, and waiting for his voice.
- Give praise to the Lord, all you his armies;
and you his servants who do his pleasure.
- Give praise to the Lord, all his works, in all places under his rule: give praise to the Lord, O my soul.