- Give praise to the Lord, O my soul.
O Lord my God, you are very great;
you are robed with honour and power.
- You are clothed with light as with a robe;
stretching out the heavens like a curtain:
- The arch of your house is based on the waters;
you make the clouds your carriage;
you go on the wings of the wind:
- He makes winds his angels, and flames of fire his servants.
- He has made the earth strong on its bases, so that it may not be moved for ever and ever;
- Covering it with the sea as with a robe: the waters were high over the mountains;
- At the voice of your word they went in flight;
at the sound of your thunder they went away in fear;
- The mountains came up and the valleys went down into the place which you had made ready for them.
- You made a limit over which they might not go, so that the earth would never again be covered by them.
- You sent the springs into the valleys;
they are flowing between the hills.
- They give drink to every beast of the field;
the mountain asses come to them for water.
- The birds of the air have their resting-places by them, and make their song among the branches.
- He sends down rain from his store-houses on the hills: the earth is full of the fruit of his works.
- He makes the grass come up for the cattle, and plants for the use of man;
so that bread may come out of the earth;
- And wine to make glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face shining, and bread giving strength to his heart.
- The trees of the Lord are full of growth, the cedars of Lebanon of his planting;
- Where the birds have their resting-places;
as for the stork, the tall trees are her house.
- The high hills are a safe place for the mountain goats, and the rocks for the small beasts.
- He made the moon for a sign of the divisions of the year;
teaching the sun the time of its going down.
- When you make it dark, it is night, when all the beasts of the woods come quietly out of their secret places.
- The young lions go thundering after their food;
searching for their meat from God.
- The sun comes up, and they come together, and go back to their secret places to take their rest.
- Man goes out to his work, and to his business, till the evening.
- O Lord, how great is the number of your works!
in wisdom you have made them all;
the earth is full of the things you have made.
- There is the great, wide sea, where there are living things, great and small, more than may be numbered.
- There go the ships;
there is that great beast, which you have made as a plaything.
- All of them are waiting for you, to give them their food in its time.
- They take what you give them;
they are full of the good things which come from your open hand.
- If your face is veiled, they are troubled;
when you take away their breath, they come to an end, and go back to the dust.
- If you send out your spirit, they are given life;
you make new the face of the earth.
- Let the glory of the Lord be for ever;
let the Lord have joy in his works:
- At whose look the earth is shaking;
at whose touch the mountains send out smoke.
- I will make songs to the Lord all my life;
I will make melody to my God while I have my being.
- Let my thoughts be sweet to him: I will be glad in the Lord.
- Let sinners be cut off from the earth, and let all evil-doers come to an end.
Give praise to the Lord, O my soul.
Give praise to the Lord.