- O give praise to the Lord;
give honour to his name, talking of his doings among the peoples.
- Let your voice be sounding in songs and melody;
let all your thoughts be of the wonder of his works.
- Have glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who are searching after the Lord be glad.
- Let your search be for the Lord and for his strength;
let your hearts ever be turned to him.
- Keep in mind the great works which he has done;
his wonders, and the decisions of his mouth;
- O you seed of Abraham, his servant, you children of Jacob, his loved ones.
- He is the Lord our God: he is judge of all the earth.
- He has kept his agreement in mind for ever, the word which he gave for a thousand generations;
- The agreement which he made with Abraham, and his oath to Isaac;
- And he gave it to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an eternal agreement;
- Saying, To you will I give the land of Canaan, the measured line of your heritage:
- When they were still small in number, and strange in the land;
- When they went about from one nation to another, and from one kingdom to another people.
- He would not let anyone do them wrong;
he even kept back kings because of them,
- Saying, Put not your hand on those who have been marked with my holy oil, and do my prophets no wrong.
- And he took away all food from the land, so that the people were without bread.
- He sent a man before them, even Joseph, who was given as a servant for a price:
- His feet were fixed in chains;
his neck was put in iron bands;
- Till the time when his word came true;
he was tested by the word of the Lord.
- The king sent men to take off his chains;
even the ruler of the people, who let him go free.
- He made him lord of his house, and ruler over everything he had;
- To give his chiefs teaching at his pleasure, and so that his law-givers might get wisdom from him.
- Then Israel came into Egypt, and Jacob was living in the land of Ham.
- And his people were greatly increased, and became stronger than those who were against them.
- Their hearts were turned to hate against his people, so that they made secret designs against them.
- He sent Moses, his servant, and Aaron, the man of his selection.
- He let his signs be seen among the people, and his wonders in the land of Ham.
- He sent black night and made it dark;
and they did not go against his word.
- At his word their waters were turned to blood, and he sent death on all their fish.
- Their land was full of frogs, even in the rooms of the king.
- He gave the word, and there came the dog-fly, and insects over all the land.
- He gave them ice for rain, and flaming fire in their land.
- He gave their vines and their fig-trees to destruction, and the trees of their land were broken down.
- At his word the locusts came, and young locusts more than might be numbered,
- And put an end to all the plants of their land, taking all the fruit of the earth for food.
- He put to death the first child of every family in the land, the first-fruits of their strength.
- He took his people out with silver and gold: there was not one feeble person among them.
- Egypt was glad when they went;
for the fear of them had come down on them.
- A cloud was stretched over them for a cover;
and he sent fire to give light in the night.
- At the people's request he sent birds, and gave them the bread of heaven for food.
- His hand made the rock open, and the waters came streaming out;
they went down through the dry places like a river.
- For he kept in mind his holy word, and Abraham, his servant.
- And he took his people out with joy, the men of his selection with glad cries:
- And gave them the lands of the nations;
and they took the work of the peoples for a heritage;
- So that they might keep his orders, and be true to his laws.
Give praise to the Lord.