- <For the chief music-maker.
In the Lord put I my faith;
how will you say to my soul, Go in flight like a bird to the mountain?
- See, the bows of the evil-doers are bent, they make ready their arrows on the cord, so that they may send them secretly against the upright in heart.
- If the bases are broken down, what is the upright man to do?
- The Lord is in his holy Temple, the Lord's seat is in heaven;
his eyes are watching and testing the children of men.
- The Lord puts the upright and the sinner to the test, but he has hate in his soul for the lover of violent acts.
- On the evil-doer he will send down fire and flames, and a burning wind;
with these will their cup be full.
- For the Lord is upright;
he is a lover of righteousness: the upright will see his face.